Woman Forward Foundation
The social purpose of the foundation is to increase the participation of women in the areas of decision-making in the economic sphere. Woman Forward emphasizes the relationship that equality in the workplace has with the defense of democratic values and universal human rights. This is reflected in the following strategies:
● Promote strategies for gender diversity in human resources management. Greater gender diversity will improve skills and talent in the workplace.
● Promote models of leadership and inclusive governance to encourage participation, cooperation and dialogue within companies.
● Help companies develop social leadership and a commitment to equality and human rights, in part by using philanthropic programs and scholarships.
●Promote the commitment of prestigious companies to gender equality and female empowerment so that other organizations have a leadership example.
● Propose models of social innovation and sustainability to guide gender research and to overcome gender stereotypes, both in the family and in the workplace.
● Work with educational centers to eliminate gender biases that affect women’s choice of studies and career.
● Participate in any community-based, national, or international gender-focused consultative mechanism.
If you want to know more about us, see in: who we are and what do we want ?
Promote rigorous research and training in gender equality. Bring the results of this research to educational centers and companies in order to transform power dynamics within management and the board of directors, therefore improving corporate governance, influencing business sustainability, and, ultimately, influencing society through committed and continuous work. We aim to assit in the to the educational development of girls and women as this is key to helping them access any careerpath of their choice as well as providing initiatives for their personal and professional growth.
Serve society by promoting the use and value of feminine talent and knowledge.
Areas of Action
- Legislative programmes and proposals.
- Scientific research and dissemination.
- Training and employment.
- Promotion and awareness
If you want to know our proposals, how we will carry out, see more in: Areas of action
All the projects of the WomanForward Foundation are based on real, direct and sensitive studies and research. In which we will only see a change acting in education from childhood to begin to correct these biases.
Mentoring course ” fostering managerial talent”
The Woman Forward Foundation, in order to promote women’s leadership in society, supports the presence of women in management positions and on boards of directors. Woman Forward’s mentoring program is key to this.
The goal of the mentoring program is to improve the position of women in the business world:
● Empowering those who now occupy intermediate management by identifying and developing their management and managerial skills.
● Generating strategies that promote their professional growth.
“Bringing Talent” program
Woman Forward promotes projects that help to discover the gender bias among academic and early career choices among young women with the goal to empower every young woman to peruse her dream.
Through the program “Bringing Talent”, Woman Forward organizes activities to familiarize young women with STEM positions in companies and with the scientific world. Through this program, girls will be able to learn about the realities of scientific jobs and receive first-person testimony of leaders in STEM businesses.
Against sexual harassment, zero tolerance
The topic of sexual harassment has traditionally been considered taboo in Spain, thus almost no studies exist on the topic. Following the “me too” movement, different collectives decided to break their silence.
The OAS Sexual Harassment Observatory, created by the Woman Forward Foundation, seeks to investigate the real situation in Spain and study measures to prevent more women from experiencing sexual harassment in the workplace.
You can contribute to OAS by taking this survey . It’s anonymous and takes 10 to 15 minutes. and allows you to contributed to take a step in the construction of a society more equitable and egalitarian for all, which respects the dignity of both sexes equally.
A social group that is hardly the subject of attention in corporate social responsibility is that of people older than 45, in particular, those affected by unemployment. Of this group, women are still more vulnerable, being the main group of executives laid off when companies restructure, with virtually zero possibilities for future placement.
Woman Forward created the Interim Management program “Contracting Women”, which offers women the opportunity to be a part of job selection processes. These processes are led by headhunters who specialise in this type of recruitment which aims at employing more women.
For the women in Advice category, the Woman Forward Foundation proposes different actions to promote gender diversity in these bodies:
- Directory of diversity by sex for large and quoted companies.
- Annual event (Roundtable/debate), in partnership with the Women on Boards Association (WOB 2020) around diversity in the boards of directors and in the top management.
- Organization and support to other activities of international campaigns that coincide with the foundational aims.
Project ” paint your T shirt and empower women”
“Paint your shirt and empower women” invites men and women, leaders in their fields, to paint short quotes or slogans on a T- shirt that reflect their feelings/commitment/desires/demands on t-shirts in order to empower women’s leadership.
women for Good INDEX ( W4GI)” Program
The Women for GOOD INDEX (W4GI) will analyze the largest Spanish companies to highlight those that are more prepared to meet the demands of women. It will be a bottom-up analysis using quantitative criteria. It is intended to design and apply the methodology of the impact index of diversity in consumer brands.
If you want to attend one of our events, see: Events, Activities and calendar
Here are other options to support us:
1. Collaborate as an ambassador or volunteer
2. Buy in our store .
3. Sponsor a program.
Join the Challenge!